Sunday, August 1, 2010

Fear not....

In church today, Pastor Dan spoke about worry. God doesn't worry about anything. NOTHING at all!!! So, why do we? There are so many places in the Bible that tell us not to worry or fear.
Unfortunately, I didn't write down the verses that he used this morning, but here are a few that I found on my own.

Psalm 91:5-6 5"Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day 6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noon day.
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let your heart not be troubled, neither let it be afraid
Luke 8:50 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

There are so many more verses that I could put on here, but it would make this post too long. I am so glad that I made it to church today! It was such an awesome service. I know that I worry about things that I shouldn't...finances, my husband, my kids, my job, just to name a few. I pray about these things daily and I need to just relax and trust that God will take care of it. His word says that whatever I ask for in His name, I will have. Praise God!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment