Sunday, August 15, 2010

How Fast Kids Grow Up!

Ok, so just 2 days ago, I was in the hospital holding my newborn baby girl. Yesterday, I was holding my newborn son. OK, so not literally of course. They are 13 and 14 years old!

I remember, not too long ago, taking the day off work on Shai's birthday. We went to the store and bought "A Goofy Movie" I think we watched it about 20 times that day. She was just about able to say the words as it played in the VCR. She was 4 years old and celebrating her 1st birthday. (She is a leap day baby)

It seems like yesterday that my son was at baseball practice. He was struggling getting the ball to hit the bat. As I stood there wondering why he was having such a problem, it dawned on me that he was holding the bat wrong. After practice, I went to his coach and said "He is holding the bat wrong". His coach, of course, said no he's not. I handed his coach the ball and said "Toss it at him". I told Caalab to hold the bat like he does at home. He put his left hand on top of his right faced the other direction. The coach threw the ball, and Caalab hit that ball well over the guys head. You should have seen the look on his face. He came up to me and said "I have never coached a left handed kid before. I am sorry I doubted you".

My daughter is starting High School this week, and my son is in his last year of middle school. I just can't believe they are old enough for all this! I find myself very nervous for Shai. She can't possibly be "big" enough to walk the halls of NCHS. It's such a big school.

No comments:

Post a Comment