Thursday, January 20, 2011

Childhood Dreams

Every child, growing up, had a dream. You know, what they wanted to be when they grew up. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a nurse. I wanted to be the one that helped deliver babies. My aunt is a nurse, so I guess that's why I had chosen that. As I got a little older, that changed and I had decided that I was going to go to college to be a physical therapist. I was so excited about that being my career. I went to talk to a counselor at school about it and I was told that because of my size, I would never be able to do that. I am 4 feet 11 inches tall and at the time, I barely weighed 100 pounds. In my mind, I knew I could do it. I was in gymnastics and I was able to lift a lot of weight, but that one person convinced me otherwise. I decided against it.

I am currently an insurance agent. I am very happy with what I do and what I have become. Not all childhood dreams come true, but what is important, is that you are happy with what you do. If you are not, you are the only one that can make a change.

Are you happy with what you have become?

No comments:

Post a Comment