Friday, January 14, 2011

What a Night!! What a Peaceful Night!

Tonight, my house has been unusually quiet. My husband is at band practice and my kids, amazingly, are not fighting!

It has been a wonderful evening that actually started as soon as I got home. I kind of like it that he is getting off work at 1:00 pm now. He had dinner ready as soon as I got home. It wasn't an extravagant meal, but it was so nice to not have to cook. So, we ate a quick meal and he ran out the door for band practice. The kids went into their rooms and I came downstairs to start on the mound of laundry that needed to be folded. I expected the kids to be fighting all night, but that didn't happen. I thought..."WOW, it's too quiet. I think I'll put in a movie". I was actually able to watch the entire show without interruption while folding laundry.

Maybe this means that my kids are turning a corner and will start getting along better! I sure hope so! :)

***UPDATE***
Well, 10 minutes passed after I finished this post and the kids are back at it. Will it ever end? Will they ever get along? I long for that day!  **SIGH**  Where are my earplugs?

No comments:

Post a Comment