Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mexican Skillet

Today, I thought I would share a recipe with my readers. The recipe comes from my husbands stepmother. Every summer, our kids go to Colorado to spend two weeks with them and last year, she made this meal. My son LOVED it!! In fact, I was told he loved it so much, he had 3 or 4 helpings of it! When they came home, he made me call her to get the recipe so I could make it for him! So, here it is...Mexican Skillet

2 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
8 oz salsa
1 cup frozen corn
1 lb hamburger
1 can of mexican style tomatoes
1/2 an onion
1/2 each red and green peppers
1 Tbsp garlic
cheese
green onions (optional)
sour cream (optional)
Fritos (optional)

Start by dicing the onion and peppers. You will need to have them ready before you start cooking the hamburger. Cook the macaroni as directed on the package.
Brown hamburger in a large skillet pan. Add diced onion, peppers and the garlic as the hamburger is cooking so they become soft. When the hamburger is browned, add the salsa, tomatoes, and corn. Continue to cook until the corn is cooked through. Add the cooked macaroni and stir together.  Top it off with the cheese and let it melt before serving. Add sliced green onions and sour cream if desired, and serve with Fritos.

This is such a quick and easy meal and better yet, it is very filling! I made this meal a couple of days ago and I meant to take a picture before we dug in, but I was too slow...Sorry!!

1 comment:

  1. I live in CO and this a perfect recipe to represent the state. Sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete